2/3 cup long-grain (not converted) rice
3 cups milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, separated
1/8 cup of red and green M&M’s
What You’ll Need
double boiler, medium-size mixing bowls, small-size mixing bowl, wire whisk, deep serving dish.
1. With the help of an adult, combine rice and milk in top of double boiler. Cover and cook over simmering water for 30
minutes or until rice is tender.
2. Preheat oven to 325º F. Beat egg yolks with a wire whisk until frothy. Stir 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, butter, salt, and egg
yolks into warm rice mixture. Mix well.
3. Grease a shallow baking dish. Pour in pudding. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours. Top with red and green M&M’s before serving.
Feeds two hundred Whos . . . or four to six yous.